I started to go running lately and have really enjoyed it. So, I decided to do a 5k run at the Famous Idaho Potato Marathon. I was so excited and ready. But the week before the race I started having some problems with my heart. Nothing serious, pretty harmless, they just wanted to run some tests to rule out anything serious. Looks like everything will be fine. They think I also have some asthma. I had to have a heart monitor on for 24 hours on Thursday-Friday. I'm sure everything is just fine though. But that made it so I couldn't run much this past week and they told me not to push it so I downsized from the 5k run to the 5k walk. It was still a ton of fun and I walked really fast. And someday soon I'll be able to run that 5k and hopefully more. It was a fun experience. My time was 41.00 minutes and I was the 9th person overall to finish the 5k walk out of 84 and the 5th woman overall to finish. So I was pretty proud. And Dylan and the boys were such great supporters. Ready for the next one..... Here are some pics from the day...
6 comments:
sara you did awesome!!!! good for you. maybe I will do the next one with you. take care
Good job Sara. Your blog is awesome, cute pics of the boys.
Congrats on making it through... can't wait to be in Boise! We'll have to get together once in a while! :o)
Hey guys
how fun to find your blog! I have a goal to do a 5K too ... I just have to get into the "I like running" thing still. Your kids are getting so big! Good to "see" you guys again =)
Jealous of your sunshine and long runs! Someday we'll have to run a race together! When we are in the same place with perfect weather and neither of us are pregant..Will this ever happen?haha..
Nice Job! It's essential for us to get out and do things like that! I wish I liked to run. Amie said that she found us through you! Your family looks great!
Post a Comment