Noah had been up to the table, attempting (or, not attempting) to eat his two BABY carrots for at least half an hour after the rest of us had finished. "Eat your carrots, Noah." "Just start with one bite!" So we had to continue with our evening while he suffered at the table staring down the carrots. I think he was hoping they'd magically disappear or that he'd magically disappear.
While about the house doing chores and what not, Dylan glanced into the kitchen from the stairs to see this little four-year old with his is hands half way in the garbage can.
"Noah! Did you just throw your carrots away!?" (Noah is visibly startled and has the deer-in-the-headlights look when getting caught red-handed.) Never one to suffer the loss of some smart remark to make, he looked up at Dylan with scared tears in his eyes and pleaded, "I didn't think you could see that!"
Dylan- "Well, you can't throw your food away. Your body needs that food and you shouldn't waste it." (or something to that effect).
Noah- "But I didn't think you could see that!"
Dylan- "It doesn't matter if I can see it or not, you shouldn't throw food away."
Noah- "I didn't think you could see that!"
I think the battle ended when Dylan burst out laughing and came to tell me the story. Funny Noah, certain things just make sense to him and that's all there is to it. We love our boys, they're so fun!
1 comments:
so funny. I love this story
Post a Comment