Wow, has it really been that long? Noah's birthday, huh? Yup, I guess it has. I'm not sure if the cause of this unusually long hiatus was the lack of picture-taking, the inability to come up with anything clever to say about our boring and same old lives, or the fact that it seems the longer I go without posting, the harder it is to catch up. But it was getting a little sad. So, here is a quick recap of the exciting little tidbits of the lives of the Orton family over the last four months.

We got to join the whole Orton family on a trip to Washington DC over Thanksgiving. We got to attend the baptism of our sweet little niece Cadyn and had so many great experiences being with our family and seeing the beautiful historic sites. We had the best time!

Christmas was spent at the Blake home. All the siblings were home after having Micah home from a mission to Italy and just a month before Adam left on his mission to Australia. We had so much fun caroling and eating yummy food and playing games and especially spending such a special time with our family.


January was cold and snowy and not worthy of any pictures, apparently.

Grandma Orton came and stayed with us for a few days and the boys absolutely loved it! Grandma introduced Noah to soccer and he loves it! And the boys made sure they told grandma way more information about Star Wars then she probably ever needed to know. She was a great help! Then she took the boys with her to La Grande for a weekend. Dylan and I had a nice break and the boys had such a fun adventure at Grandma and Grandpa's house without mom and dad.

I love making holidays fun. I don't know where I got that from (mom). But here was our "green dinner" and St. Patty's day table. I just got a cheap table cloth and then cut out place mats and a center piece from old wrapping paper. They found pots of treasure (no gold) and got to eat green pancakes and drink green milk. Not quite Irish, but fun no less.

Mostly exciting of all...Dylan grew out his beard! Just kidding. I just like this picture of him...Mmmm. Anyway, this is the longest he's ever had a beard since we've been married. His hair was more shaggy before I cut it this last weekend. I'll have to post another picture of when it was longer. But I think it looks great.

Actually, in all honestly the most exciting thing of all is not Dylan's beard. And probably one of the biggest reasons there have been no posts the last couple of months, and the reason there aren't any pictures of me...and...why we have been so anti-social, and why there is a family picture from Christmas below this paragraph, is because.... this family of four is going to become a family of five!! Yep, Taivan and Noah are going to be big brothers and we're going to see how well we handle being outnumbered starting sometime around the first week of October. We're very excited! So, there you have it folks, I'm all caught up. Now I can start posting regularly again...phew! Have a great week!