7:30am- It's raining outside, thundering, lightning, it's cold. Time to go.
8:00am- Stood out in the rain to wait for the bus to shuttle us to downtown
Boise.
8:30am- Been standing out in the street for half an hour now, luckily under
an umbrella. Nonetheless, soaked and pretty cold.
8:40am- Wishing it was our wave's turn to head out on the run.
8:45am-ish- Finally, it's the Blue wave's turn! The gun goes off and
hundreds of people start their 3.1 mile run.
9:00am- Thoroughly enjoying my run. Listening to some great music, feeling
like a part of something, surrounded by hundreds and thousands of
women, looking out on the beautiful Treasure Valley and Ann
Morrison Park. It truly was a celebration of women's fitness.
9:15ish- Dash to the finish. Pass all the men, young men, and boys dressed
up in tuxedos (to accompany the runners/walkers over the age of 70
to the finish line) They hold their hands out as I pass and
congratulate me on finishing the race. Cross the finish line!! yay!
9:20am- Get to pig out on yogurt, chocolate milk, subway cookies, and my
favorite: bagels from Blue Sky Bagels. I had to go to their store
later and buy some bagels because they were so good!
9:30am- Cheer on my good friend Nicole and her mother-in-law! Yay!!
9:40am- Finally we get to get back on the bus. The whole picture summed up
in one word? Damp. Very damp. But nothing a hot shower and cup of
hot chocolate didn't fix right up. It was so much fun! I would
definitely do it again, even in the pouring rain. You probably
didn't need or want to know all of that. But it sure was fun to do
and is sure fun to share with you.
There weren't any pictures of me specifically because Dylan and the boys weren't there (I wonder why?..) But here are some pictures I got from the news coverage of the event. Enjoy! (By the way, it wasn't as packed the whole way as it is in the pictures. I think those pictures are around the end of the race when all the walkers were coming in. But there definitely were a lot of people. I think about 12,000 registered. Largest women's 5k in the USA.)


0 comments:
Post a Comment