Why have fancy store-bought halloween decorations that will last about 3 weeks and then be put into storage for a year and probably tossed the following year for something new, when you can have lots more fun, spend less money, and get a good laugh out of seeing these decorations every morning when you wake up? .78 cent pumpkins, old magazines, some craft foam and some tacky glue. Recipe for a good night of family fun, thanks to Family Fun (literally. I got this idea from a Family
Fun Magazine. Go figure.)
"Here they are a standing in a row"
Dylan's 3-eyed, 2-armed, winged, white-toothed....monster....pumpkin...aaahh!
Taivan's SHARK! Two rows of the sharpes, scariest teeth and two spooky, staring eyes. Aaaahh!
Noah the Boa's "happy-nothing-is-scary-all-the-lights-are-turned-on-and-nothing's-going-to-get-me" monster......aaahh!
Sara's just creepy, funny looking, kind of spooky, almost looks like someone you know monster. Aah!
So the other day we were playing "ghosts". I would hide somewhere in the house and the boys, with flashlights in hand, would come looking, hunting, for me. When they would get close I would jump out and "haunt" them. My favorite part was the hysterical, startled laugh I would get from Taivan and the inevitable momentarily shocked and panicked look from Noah before he would take cue from brother and start laughing too. So after a while of this it was time for lunch and I couldn't find a good segway from us playing to having to sit down and eat a boring lunch. So, I told them in my most growling and ghostly kind of way, "I'm going to make you a ghostly lunch today," (why I included the english accent is beyond me but it sounded much cooler.) And a ghostly lunch I made complete with a jack-o-Lantern, bats, monster fingers, and, of course, a ghost.
Halloween is so fun. Every day we do something new. I have fun trying to find cheap ways to make something with them. The web and magazines like Family Fun are great resources. There are so many things you can do with supplies you already have at home or can print from online. Need any ideas?
2 comments:
hey Sara cute ideas, what a fun mom you must be to have!
so so fun! I looove halloween too. The kiddos just loove it! What awesome ideas.. give me more! So what is the name of that race in columbia? I ran for the first time two days ago.. I just couldn't help it.. It felt horrible, like I was flappin in the wind, but so good too to exert myself like that.. I hope i can be ready in time! Well I think all your pumpkins kinda look like you guys individually.. haha I know that may seem rude, but someting about them resembles you guys.. I also think peoples cars look like them.. so take that for what its worth!
Post a Comment